Info on P.S.247
P.S. 247, located in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, is a school of almost 700 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten to Fifth Grade. The school is ethnically diverse, with students speaking almost 30 different languages. The staff consists of approximately 75 teachers, administrators, para-professionals, school aids and other support personnel.
P.S. 247's motto, "A Model of Excellence," reflects not only the school's past performance, but also its commitment to providing the finest quality education for all children at the school.
P.S. 247 School Mission Statement
"Do your best! Be your best!"
Respect for All
Our Respect for All Liaison: Susan Meyerson
"The NYC DOE is committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizen-ship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight."
Faculty and Staff
We are College-Ready!
P.S. 247 has embarked on a new journey to prepare its elementary school students for college! Our school in collaboration with our corporate partner, Ivy Cohen Corporate Communications, Inc., has developed the P.S. 247 College Partnership Program™ to prepare our students to expect college to be a part of their education continuum beyond elementary school.
Our College Partnership in the News!
- Introducing the P.S. 247 College Partnership Program
- PS 247 Named The New York City College Partnership Elementary School
- Preparing for College in Elementary School
- SUNY Oneonta Partners with NYC School to Make College A Reality
In the news
- P.S. 247 has been named a 2013 National Blue Ribbon School, an honor that only 6 other schools share in New York City. Read about it here!
- P.S. 247 has been named a National Title I Distinguished School, "one of only 67 in the country to be honored for student achievement in 2012" (Home Reporter News, 2013).
Coluccio, Elizabeth. Kudos to P.S. 247. Home Reporter News. http://www.homereporternews.com/news/school_news/kudos-to-p-s/article_049a7bb2-70ac-11e2-a4c3-0019bb2963f4.html. February 6, 2013. Web. February 9, 2013.